Welcome to the third iteration of your Ward 11 newsletter. We hope you find this information helpful to inform and update you on key issues and happenings in Ward 11.
SW Transitway BRT Public Information Session Dates
- Tuesday, February 23rd from 7 to 9 pm at the Woodcreek Community Hall, 1991 Woodview Drive SW
- Tuesday, March 8th from 5 to 8 pm at the Southland Leisure Centre, 2000 Southland Drive SW
- - HAYSBORO - Tuesday, March 15th from 5 to 8 pm at the Carriage House Inn, 9030 Macleod Trail South
- Wednesday, March 16th from 7 to 9 pm at the Lakeview Community Association Rink, 6110 34 Street SW
- Wednesday, March 23rd from 5 to 8 pm Clearwater Academy, 2521 Dieppe Ave SW
The Project Team is confirming a couple additional information sessions. My team and I will be attending the City-held sessions.
Action Plan Check-In: Pop Up Engagement
- Saturday, February 13th from 12 to 2 pm the engage! Bus will be at the gates of Heritage Park
Crowchild Trail Study Drop-In Open House Dates
- Thursday, March 10th from 5 to 8 pm at the Red and White Club, McMahon Stadium, 1833 Crowchild Trail NW
- Saturday, March 12th from 10 am to 1 pm at Queen Elizabeth Sr. High School, 512 18th Street NW
37th Street Stormtrunk Relocation Project
In preparation of Phase II of the 37th Street Stormtrunk Relocation Project, geotechnical work is needed to identify the underground conditions required for the detailed design of the storm trunk and outfall. You will notice periodic pathway closures in North Glenmore Park and some equipment noise can be expected.
50th Avenue Corridor Study
The City of Calgary is beginning a Transportation Corridor Study of 50th Avenue SW between Crowchild Trail and 14A Street SW. This corridor study will identify current issues and concerns with 50th Avenue SW and will provide recommendations for future improvements.
Calgary South West Ring Road
Through 2016, The City will coordinate the projects, which will be designed and constructed over the next five years, before the SWCRR opens in 2021. More information on the designs and schedule for each project will become available as the design work progresses through 2016.
Crowchild Trail/Flanders Avenue Interchange
Construction of the Crowchild Trail/Flanders Avenue Interchange is underway. The Flanders Avenue Bridge has been demolished, and Flanders Avenue is closed from Richard Road S.W. east to Amiens Road S.W. Both the bridge and the new roundabouts will be open to traffic in fall 2016.
Construction is well underway, and the skatepark should be ready for early Spring 2016! Here's an Engagement Timeline Summary of the Southwood Skatepark.
Please feel free to share this newsletter with your network, and encourage your neighbours to subscribe to these updates.
Brian & the Ward 11 Team