- ATCO low pressure gas line installation The installation of a new line will be within the utility corridor, and will follow the existing high-pressure route within 5m. ATCO will be open trenching a large part of it, and is willing to work with Haysboro if any co-construction of a pathway is possible.
- Pedestrian Overpass 90th Avenue and 14th Street SW Thank you for your letter and comments on the pedestrian overpass. The Standing Policy Committee on Transportation and Transit met on Wednesday, January 18th to receive an update on Administration’s work, and proposed alignment options. Please note this was a ‘receive for information’ meeting only. Administration will meet with your board, and we will let you know when a ‘decision-making’ meeting will take place.
Monthly 311 Report Summary
- Top 5 Service Requests in December for Haysboro:
o Roads – Traffic or Pedestrian Light Repair
o Bylaw – Snow & Ice on Sidewalk
o Finance – TIPP Agreement Request
o Roads – Snow & Ice Control
o Calgary Transit – Employee Conduct
Community Specific Items
The South Crosstown BRT is route is primarily set and will not require new roadways. With the exception of three new stations planned in the future, existing stop locations will be used for the entire route. The South Crosstown BRT route will be the same as the current Route 306 from Westbrook to Heritage LRT Stations. The route will then extend east of Macleod Trail to Quarry Park.
- SW Transitway BRT At this time, the project team is finalizing the designs of the north portion of the SW BRT, from Glenmore North to downtown. The project team expects to go to tender very soon, with construction beginning this year.
o ATCO is preparing for their work on replacing the gas lines under 14th Street SW, as part of ATCO's Urban Pipeline Replacement Program. Included in the pipeline renewal project are the following routes, please click on the links to view route details:
Acadia to 14th Street SW
14th Street SW from 90th Avenue to Kootenay Street SW
90th Avenue SW from 24th Street SW to 14th Street SW
South Glenmore Park Project
- Water Main Replacement on Horton Road SW As part of the Water Main Replacement Program, The City has identified the need to replace a water main on Horton Road SW from 9508 Horton Road SW to 9705 Horton Road SW. The construction was expected to take place in November, but due to the cold weather, the project is postponed until Spring 2017.
Ward Wide Items
- 2017 Property Assessments
On January 5th, 2017, The City mailed out over half a million Assessment Notices. The 2017 property assessments reflect the market value of a property on July 1st, 2016 and its physical condition on December 31st, 2016. The 2017 business assessments reflect the typical net annual rental value of business premises on July 1, 2016.
o Please review your assessment carefully. You can do so online by logging into Assessment Search at calgary.ca/assessment. Online, you can access details on your property to review the accuracy of the information The City has on file, and compare your assessment with other similar properties in your area to ensure your assessment is fair and equitable.
o The Customer Review Period is from January 5th to March 6th, 2017. If you have any questions about your assessment, please contact 403-268-2888. Changes can only be made to your 2017 Property Assessment during the Customer Review Period.
- Calgary South West Ring Road The City of Calgary is beginning work on their portion of the Southwest Ring Road-related projects. The
City project team met with the board in June 2016. We will share updates as they become available. The contractor hosted information sessions the week of November 28th, 2016.
o The contractor, KGL Constructors (Kiewit, Graham, Ledcor) have set up a website to share information on construction, boundaries, schedule, traffic detours, design updates etc. at http://www.swcrrproject.com/. We recommend having a look at this website. You may contact their team at 403-212-0565 or at email@example.com.
The City's Christmas Tree Recycling program will be drop-off only this year. The City will not be collecting trees door-to-door. Bring your tree to one of 13 drop-off locations.
The City of Calgary recently launched CityTalk, a digital news magazine and digital compilation of current City of Calgary information in an easy to read format. CityTalk brings a host of City information together on one platform, including The City’s social media feeds and some of Calgary’s media feeds. The feeds are automatically updated 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Snow & Ice Removal Be informed about how The City handles snow events, and monitor road conditions and plowing routes via this dashboard.
Kim Warnke Community Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org www.ward11calgary.ca 403-268-2495
Teigan Kopec Executive Assistant email@example.com www.ward11calgary.ca 403-268-2476